For a complete list of closures, visit the WSDOT website. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Monday, March 19 – Friday, March 23
- Both directions of SR 99 between the West Seattle Bridge and the Battery Street Tunnel will close from 6 a.m. Saturday, March 24 through 5 a.m. Monday, March 26 for the semiannual viaduct inspection.
- East Marginal Way South between South Massachusetts and South Atlantic streets will become one lane in each direction around-the-clock beginning Monday for work related to the South Holgate Street to South King Street Project.
- First Avenue South between South King Street and South Royal Brougham Way will close from 7 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday for work related to the South Holgate Street to South King Street Project.
- South Atlantic Street between East Marginal Way South and First Avenue South will be reduced to one lane in each direction nightly, Monday through Wednesday, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for work related to the South Holgate Street to South King Street Project.
- Approximately 100 feet of the port-side shared use path just south of South King Street will close nightly, Monday through Thursday, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for work related to the SR 99 Tunnel Project. A detour will be posted through port property.
- The right lane of southbound SR 99 between South Royal Brougham Way and South Holgate Street, including the off-ramp to South Atlantic Street, will close from 10 p.m. Friday, March 23 to 6 a.m. Saturday, March 24 for work related to the South Holgate Street to South King Street Project and the SR 99 Tunnel Project.
- Alaskan Way between Yesler Way and Union Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction daily, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for work related to the Alaskan Way Widening Project.
- Southbound SR 99 between the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge will close from 9 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday for work related to the SR 99 Tunnel Project.
- Current Work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: During construction we maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians on Alaskan Way South.