Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Construction Closures
Visit our website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
- The southbound SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct will close between the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge from 11 p.m. Friday, June 29 until 9 a.m. Sunday, July 1.
- The right lane of southbound SR 99 is closed around-the-clock from Republican Street to John Street until July 10. From July 10 until late August, the closure limits will be reduced to Republican and Harrison streets. Access to and from southbound SR 99 is closed from the following side streets: Republican, Harrison, Thomas and John streets.
- Sixth Avenue North will close between Harrison and Republican streets from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except Wednesday) for utility work.
- East Marginal Way South will close between South Atlantic and South Hanford streets from 7 p.m. Friday, July 6 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 9.
- South Atlantic Street will be closed west of Colorado Avenue South from 7 p.m. Friday, July 6 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 9.
- Current Work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.