Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Monday, June 11 – Monday, June 18
- The southbound SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct will close between the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday. The on-ramps from Elliott Avenue and Columbia Street to southbound SR 99 also will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Both directions of the SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct and all on- and off-ramps will close between the West Seattle Bridge and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 11 p.m. Friday, June 15 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 18.
- These closures are necessary while crews reinforce a two-block section of the viaduct located above the route of the future SR 99 tunnel.
- Flaggers will alternate traffic on Thomas Street between Sixth Avenue North and SR 99 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for utility work.
- Sixth Avenue North will close between John Street and Thomas Street from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday for utility work. Local access will be maintained via Thomas Street.
- Sixth Avenue North will close between Thomas Street and Harrison Street from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday for utility work. Local access will be maintained via Harrison Street.
- John Street will close between Sixth Avenue North and SR 99 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday for utility work. Alley access will be maintained. Local access will be maintained via Sixth Avenue North.
- Flaggers will alternate traffic in the intersection of Yesler Way and the road under the viaduct from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- East Marginal Way South will close from South Atlantic to South Hanford streets from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday while crews set girders for the new northbound SR 99 bridge over South Atlantic Street. Local access will be maintained.
- South Atlantic Street will be closed west of Colorado Avenue South from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Current Work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.