Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Friday, July 6 – Monday, July 16
- Both directions of SR 99 (Aurora Bridge) will close overnight Thursday, July 12. Southbound SR 99 will close between North 39th Street and Raye Street from 10 p.m. Thursday, through 5 a.m., Friday, July 13. Northbound SR 99 will close between Western Avenue and North 39th Street from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The right lane of southbound SR 99 is closed around-the-clock from Republican Street to John Street until July 10. From July 10 through late August, the closure limits will be reduced to Republican and Harrison streets. Access to and from southbound SR 99 is closed from the following side streets: Republican, Harrison, Thomas and John streets.
- John Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 10, Friday, July 11, Monday, July 16, and Tuesday, July 17. Local access will be maintained.
- Flaggers will direct traffic through the intersection of Harrison Street and Sixth Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, July 9 and Tuesday, July 10 for utility work.
- Flaggers will alternate traffic on Thomas Street between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 11.
- Thomas Street will close between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 12.
- Northbound Sixth Avenue North between Harrison and Thomas streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, July 13; and Monday, July 16 through Friday, July 20.
- East Marginal Way South will close between South Atlantic and South Hanford streets from 7 p.m. Friday, July 6 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 9; and from 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Thursday, July 12.
- South Atlantic Street will be closed west of Colorado Avenue South from 7 p.m. Friday, July 6 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 9; and Wednesday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Thursday, July 12.
- The southbound SR 99 off-ramp to South Atlantic Street will close from 8 p.m., Monday, July 16 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 17.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.