Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Friday, Aug. 17 – Monday, Aug. 27
- Viaduct reinforcement work will close all lanes of southbound SR 99 between the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge at the following times:
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, Wednesday, Aug. 22, and Thursday, Aug. 23.
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly, Sunday, Aug. 26 – the morning of Friday, Aug. 31.
Tipping our hat to the Seattle Department of Transportation:
Mercer Street opens to two-way traffic on Monday, Aug. 27
In a major step toward solving the decades-long “Mercer Mess,” The Seattle Department of Transportation will open Mercer Street to two-way traffic on Monday, Aug. 27 following a full weekend closure of the I-5 on- and off-ramps on August 24-27. Opening two-way Mercer Street brings the city closer to final completion of the Mercer East Phase I – Fairview to Dexter Avenue Project in summer 2013.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – the morning of Monday, Aug. 20
- Sixth Avenue North will be closed between Harrison and Thomas streets from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Local access will be maintained using Thomas Street.
Monday, Aug. 20, and Wednesday, Aug. 22 through Friday, Aug. 24
- John Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Thomas Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sixth Avenue North will be closed at John Street from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Local access to Sixth Avenue North will be maintained via Thomas Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 22 through Friday, Aug. 24
- Parking on the west side of Sixth Avenue North between Thomas and John streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Monday, Aug. 27
- Sixth Avenue North will be closed between Harrison and Republican streets from 7 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- The south parking lane of Columbia Street between Western Avenue and Alaskan Way will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20 through Friday, Aug. 24, daily.
- The west sidewalk of Alaskan Way between Main Street and Yesler Way will close from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 24 and Monday, Aug. 27.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.