- Northbound SR 99 will be closed between S Royal Brougham Way and the West Seattle Bridge from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. On-ramps to and from S Royal Brougham Way will remain open to serve weekend event traffic. Crews will be putting finishing touches to the second of two side-by-side bridges that replace the viaduct’s south end. When reopened, the northbound bridge will carry two lanes of traffic and one bus lane. The southbound bridge will have three general purpose lanes. For more information, please visit our “What’s Happening Now” webpage.
- The left lane of southbound SR 99 will be closed between S Royal Brougham Way and the West Seattle Bridge from 11 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Work on the Pike Place Market garage pedestrian improvements is getting underway on Monday, Sept. 17. This work includes pedestrian lighting, widened sidewalks, curb ramps and pedestrian crossings in the area under the viaduct at the entrance to the Pike Place Market, and at the bottom of the hill climb. Currently, eight paid parking spaces are impacted by lighting work. Next month, there will be additional parking impacts when crews switch to sidewalk and curb ramp construction. Access to the Pike Place Market garage remains open during construction.
- For a weekly update of the latest traffic closures, please visit our webpage.
- Ongoing work to install underground monitoring equipment, which is a part of a comprehensive program, helps crews minimize ground movement and protect structures during tunneling. During the upcoming week, work in this program will occur:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday: Crews will shift the southbound lane on Western Avenue between Columbia and Marion streets. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday: Marion Street will be reduced to one lane between Alaskan Way and First Avenue.
- Viaduct reinforcement work continues. All southbound lanes of the viaduct from the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel to the West Seattle Bridge will be closed nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Washington Huskies vs. Portland State Vikings (Century Link)
- Sat., Sept. 15, 1 p.m.
Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys (Century Link)
- Sun., Sept. 16, 1:05 p.m.
Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles (Safeco Field)
- Mon., Sept. 17, 7:10 p.m.
- Tues., Sept. 18, 7:10 p.m.
- Wed., Sept. 19, 7:10 p.m.
More on S Holgate Street to King Street Viaduct Replacement
Want to see even more about the new configuration of the southern mile of the Alaskan Way Viaduct? Check out our time lapse video of construction from October 2011 to September 2012.