Updated Information: Seattle City Light plans to pull in new underground power lines along 1st Avenue from King Street to Washington Street on Wednesday, February 26 and then from Washington Street to Cherry Street on Wednesday, March 5. We want you to know about the work and its impacts.
What: Several-day job, pulling and splicing cable
Why: Upgrading our system to increase electrical capacity and reliability
Where: Vaults located in parking lane on west side of First Avenue from King Street to Washington Street and from Washington Street to Cherry Street. See maps on reverse side.
When: Pulling cable between King Street to Washington Street is planned for Wednesday, February 26 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Pulling cable between Washington Street to Cherry Street is planned for Wednesday, March 5 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Project Impacts – What you can expect:
- No planned outages or trenching
- City Light trucks on the street, crews working from vault to vault
- Splicing cable has limited impacts to traffic and parking and will take place on side streets following the two nights of cable pulling.
- Localized traffic, parking, and noise impacts at the vaults where the work is occurring
- Uniform police officers will direct traffic
No parking signs will be used for the spaces near the vaults where work is to occur. The signs will give the hours of our work and will be picked up as the work progresses if crews no longer need access to an area. For more information about available parking in the area, please go to: http://downtownseattle.com/parking/index.html
Thank you for your patience. For any questions you may have or for more information, contact Becky Ginn, Electrical Service Representative, at 206-386-1553 or email@example.com.