The Pioneer Square Business Improvement Area (BIA) granted a total of $10,000 in matches to support two projects in 2018. This year, the BIA increased the fund to $20,000, matching volunteer hours and/or funding, for community members to implement projects and programs making a positive impact in the Pioneer Square neighborhood. Project goals include celebrating neighborhood diversity, enhancing public spaces, and neighborhood storytelling. The BIA encourages applicants to propose their best and most creative ideas. Potential projects might include work around murals, art, alleys, public area improvements, cleanup, experiences, or events. Think big! Think outside the box!
The BIA will accept applications for projects ranging from $1,000-$20,000 for projects whose budgets are $2,000-$40,000. 80% will be funded when the grant is awarded. Remaining 20% funded upon completion. A total of $20,000 will be allocated to 2019 projects.
- Application posted – June 11, 2019
- Applications due – July 8, 2019 (11:59 PM)
- Award Notifications – August 1, 2019
- Enter into contract – by August 15, 2019
- Submit first invoice for payment – by August 30
- Submit final invoice for payment upon completion of project
Eligibility & Evaluation
Who is eligible to apply: Business owners; people who work, live, or play in the neighborhood; and those with a significant connection to Pioneer Square. This is a competitive selection process. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding. The Pioneer Square BIA reserves the right to award or decline funding. Final decisions on funding will be subject to approval by the BIA Ratepayer Board.
Factors to be considered in each application may include:
- The number of people to be positively affected/benefited
- Maintenance plan
- Business involvement
- Cost to experience (is it free/accessible to the general public?)
Note: BIA Ratepayers must be in good standing to be considered
How to apply
To be eligible for funding, applicants must submit a completed Application Form with required documentation (if applicable) by email to info@pioneersquare no later than July 8, 2019 at midnight.