Applications are now closed for the PSQ Alley Lighting Matching Fund
With funding from Historic South Downtown, we aim to support alley lighting improvements in Pioneer Square. The PSQ Alley Lighting Matching Fund supports the Alliance for Pioneer Square’s initiative to address critical public safety concerns and make strides toward alley revitalization.
The PSQ Alley Lighting Matching Fund will provide funds to property owners for alley lighting improvements. Building tenants who obtain written permission from their property owner are also welcome to apply for funding. The funding may be used for:
- Purchasing new light fixtures
- Purchasing replacement light fixtures
- Paying for electrician labor costs and wiring equipment
- Buying lighting control gear
- Select maintenance or cleaning service costs where existing products are appropriate for re-use
- Lift rental and installation equipment
- Related site and project specific permit fees
Applicants seeking funding may request funds for 50% of project costs (maximum award is $8,000) per building. Applicants with more than one building in Pioneer Square, may submit multiple applications for multiple buildings. Neighbors who share an alley, are also encouraged to work together to submit one proposal for uniform lighting improvements across multiple buildings in the same alley.
A committee of Pioneer Square community members will make funding recommendations to the Alliance for Pioneer Square’s Board of Directors. Before funding is released, awardees will be required to obtain all necessary permits, including a Certificate of Approval from the Department of Neighborhoods Pioneer Square Historic District Preservation Board.
- September 28 – Alley Lighting Matching Fund application opens
- October 1 – Informational Webinar
- October 23 – Draft application is due for feedback (optional, but recommended)
- November 6 – Applications are due at 11:59 PM
- November 30 – Funding decisions expected.
On October 1st, the Alliance for Pioneer Square held an informational webinar featuring CJ Brockway, Principal of SparkLab Lighting Design, LLC. The webinar provides useful information about the PSQ Alley Lighting Matching Fund, the factors contribute to good lighting design, as well as resources and tips for putting together a strong application. If you missed it, please access the webinar recording here and a copy of the presentation here.
Looking for alley lighting inspiration? Check out this handy resource!
For questions about the PSQ Alley Lighting Matching Fund, please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.