Highlights for Friday, Sept. 27 – Monday, Oct. 8
Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- Viaduct reinforcement work will close all lanes of southbound SR 99 between the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel and the West Seattle Bridge from 9 p.m. Sunday through 5 a.m. Monday.
Saturday, Oct. 6, through Monday, Oct. 8
- Semiannual viaduct inspection and maintenance work will close both directions of the Alaskan Way Viaduct from just north of the Battery Street Tunnel to the West Seattle Bridge around-the-clock from 6 a.m. Saturday through 4 p.m. Sunday.
- SR 99 Aurora Bridge seismic retrofit work will reduce traffic across the bridge to one lane in each direction from 9 p.m. Friday through 2 p.m. Sunday. Beginning at 2 p.m. Sunday, crews will open more lanes to accommodate traffic heading to and from the Sounders match at CenturyLink Field.
Monday, Oct. 1 through Friday, Oct. 5
- John Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Additionally, flaggers will alternate traffic in the intersection of Sixth Avenue North and John Street.
Monday, Oct. 1, through Friday, Oct. 5
- The southbound parking lane on Western Avenue between Marion and Columbia streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- The shared-use path under the viaduct will be reduced to 4-feet wide at Columbia Street from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
Monday, Oct. 1, and Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Crews will remove parking and/or close lanes on Columbia Street between Alaskan Way and Western avenues from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Crews will close the south parking lane on Yesler Way between Alaskan Way and Western Avenue from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Monday, Oct. 1, through Wednesday, Oct. 3
- The left lane on Marion Street between Western and Post avenues will close from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- Crews will close the right lane on Marion Street from Alaskan Way to Western Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 4, and Friday, Oct. 5
- Crews will close the left lane on Madison Street from First Avenue to Western Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.