Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Friday, Oct. 19 – Monday, Oct. 29
Long-term street closures
- Sixth Avenue North between Thomas and Republican streets, Harrison Street between Broad Street and Aurora Avenue North and Republican Street between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North are closed for SR 99 tunnel construction. These streets will reopen after the SR 99 tunnel opens.
Monday, Oct. 22 and Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Southbound Sixth Avenue North will be closed between John Street and Denny Way from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
Wednesday, Oct. 24 and Thursday, Oct. 25
- Denny Way will be reduced to one lane in each direction at Sixth Avenue North from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. both nights.
Monday, Oct. 22 – Friday, Oct. 26
- Seattle City Light crews will close one southbound lane on First Avenue between Cherry and Columbia streets from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
- Seattle City Light crews also will close two out of three lanes on Columbia Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
Monday, Oct. 22 through the morning of Friday, Oct. 26
- Railroad Way South between South King Street and First Avenue South will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Local access will be maintained.
- Police officers will alternate traffic on Alaskan Way between South King and South Washington streets from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly.
Monday, Oct. 22 – Thursday, Oct. 25
- The south half of Post Avenue between Madison and Spring streets will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Friday, Oct. 26
- The north half of Post Avenue between Madison and Spring streets will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Tuesday, Oct. 23 – Friday, Oct. 26
- The south side of Madison Street between First Avenue and Western Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Until further notice
- South Jackson Street is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction between First Avenue South and Seventh Avenue South from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily for First Hill Street Car construction.
Saturday, Oct. 20
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Department crews will close the right lane of northbound First Avenue at Yesler Way from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.