Thank you for your feedback!
Throughout the month of March, we asked the Pioneer Square community to provide feedback on our COVID-19 Pandemic Response Plan, which was released in March of 2020. In the month, We heard from business owners, property managers, residents, neighborhood employees, and visitors in person and online. We extend a big thank you to those who participated in the feedback process.
Below is a summary of what we heard during the feedback process:
- Many programs and activities stemming from the Response plan had a very positive effect on the neighborhood. These include: the Small Business Support program, “Grit Kits”, increased communications, events and activations, the rapid response mural project, neighborhood advocacy, and relationship building with the Harrell administration and city council persons.
- Some programs and activities stemming from the Response plan had a partial positive effect on the neighborhood. These include:COVID-19 retail kits, Pioneer Square online marketplace, public relations campaign, facade improvement fund.
- A few programs and activities stemming from the Response plan had little to no positive effect on the neighborhood: Passport to Pioneer Square program, Northeast Pioneer Square Framework Plan process.
- Over the past two years, community members missed seeing friends, serendipitous meet ups with folks in the square, and being indoors safely.
- Community members are looking forward to the pandemic waning, seeing friends again, returning markets through cruise season, outdoor activations, March to the Match, and soft serve from the Pastry Project
We look forward to incorporating the feedback provided by the community into our ongoing and future programming as guided by our 2025 strategic plan.
This process is supported in part by Historic South Downtown.