Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Friday, July 13 – Monday, July 23
- Both directions of SR 99 (Aurora Bridge) will close overnight Thursday, July 12. Southbound SR 99 will close between North 39th Street and Raye Street from 10 p.m. Thursday, through 5 a.m., Friday, July 13. Northbound SR 99 will close between Western Avenue and North 39th Street from 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Through late August, the right lane of southbound SR 99 is closed around-the-clock from Republican to Harrison streets. Access to and from southbound SR 99 is closed from Republican and Harrison streets.
- John Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 12 and Friday, July 13. Local access will be maintained from Sixth Avenue North.
- Thomas Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 13.
- Flaggers will alternate traffic on Thomas Street between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, July 16, and Tuesday, July 17.
- Northbound Sixth Avenue North between Harrison and Thomas streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18 and Thursday, July 19.
- East Marginal Way South will close between South Atlantic and South Hanford streets from 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Thursday, July 12; and from 8 p.m. Friday, July 13 to 5 a.m. Saturday, July 14. At the same time, Atlantic Street will be closed from Colorado Avenue to East Marginal Way South.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.