Seattle City Light will be pulling fiber optic cable through underground conduit on Sunday, Sept. 30 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Crews will be working Sunday, Sept. 30 from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on First Avenue, pulling cable. They will be working in one block increments (south to north). All of the permits have been secured. Significant traffic interruption is not expected. See above map.
- What: One-day job
- Why: Data fiber cables for Seattle City Light and other City Departments.
- Where: First Avenue from Cherry to King streets in the utility access holes shown with an “M” on the attached map. A City Light truck will stay at each of the utility holes shown for approximately two hours
What you can expect:
- No planned outages
- Traffic impacts possibly at the intersections where the work will occur
- Uniform police officers will direct traffic
- Parking restrictions on the west side of 1st Avenue and on side streets
- City Light work trucks on the street
The yellow highlights on the attached map show where “No Parking’ signs will be placed. The A-frame no parking signs will give the exact hours of our work and will be picked up as the work progresses if crews no longer need access to an area. For more information about available parking in the area, please go to: http://downtownseattle.com/parking/index.html