- Last week, SDOT installed signs helping pedestrians find queued taxis under the viaduct between Columbia and Marion streets. Signs direct people to use the crosswalk at Columbia Street to reach taxis.
- Coming up next weekend: from 6 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, through 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, both directions of the Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed from just north of the Battery Street Tunnel to the West Seattle Bridge. Crews are closing the viaduct for its semiannual inspection, which includes examining the structure for settlement and performing routine maintenance and preservation work.
- For a weekly update of the latest traffic closures, please visit our webpage.
- Ongoing work to install underground monitoring equipment, which is a part of a comprehensive program, helps crews minimize ground movement and protect structures during tunneling. During the upcoming week, work in this program will occur:
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday: Crews will shift the southbound lane on Western Avenue between Columbia and Marion streets. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday: Marion Street will be reduced to one lane between Alaskan Way and Post Alley.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday: Crews will be working on Columbia Street between Post Alley and Alaskan Way. One lane of traffic will be maintained. Parking on the south side of Columbia Street will be impacted.
- Viaduct reinforcement continues for just one night and then wraps up. All southbound lanes of the viaduct from the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel to the West Seattle Bridge will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Sunday night only. Following this closure, the viaduct will be back open to traffic around the clock.
Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels (Safeco Field)
- Mon., Oct. 1, 7:10 p.m.
- Tues., Oct. 2, 7:10 p.m.
- Wed., Oct. 3, 3:40 p.m.
Washington State University Cougars vs. Oregon Ducks (CenturyLink)
- Sat., Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m.