Visit the WSDOT website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Monday, May 14 – Sunday, May 20
- Full viaduct closure the weekend of May 18 – Both directions of the SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct will close between the West Seattle Bridge and the Battery Street Tunnel from 11 p.m. Friday, May 18 until 5 a.m. Monday, May 21.
- Earlier this week, crews rerouted six blocks of waterfront traffic from Alaskan Way to a newly improved road beneath the viaduct. The traffic switch – which will last through at least early 2014 – changes the way drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians travel along the waterfront south of Spring Street. It also affects ferry access and parking. Visit our website for more details.
- Sixth Avenue North between Thomas and Harrison streets will be closed around-the-clock starting at 7 a.m. Monday through 5 p.m. Friday.
- John Street between Taylor Avenue North and Sixth Avenue North will close from 7 a.m. to 5 a.m. daily.
- Current Work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: During construction we maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians on Alaskan Way South.