Visit WSDOT’s website for a complete list of closures. Closure information changes frequently, so remember to check for updates throughout the week.
Highlights for Friday, July 20 – Monday, July 30
- Work related to the SR 99 Tunnel Project will close all lanes of southbound SR 99 between the north end of the Battery Street Tunne
- l and the West Seattle Bridge, as well as the Elliott Avenue and Columbia Street on-ramps to southbound SR 99, Sunday through Thursday nights.
Nighttime southbound SR 99 closure details:
- Sunday, July 22 – the morning of Monday, July 23 – The southbound SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Monday, July 23 – morning of Friday, July 27 – The southbound SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- These closures are weather dependent and may be rescheduled.
- Through late August, the right lane of southbound SR 99 is closed around-the-clock from Republican to Harrison streets. Access to and from southbound SR 99 is closed from Republican and Harrison streets.
- John Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Aurora Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, July 23, through Friday, July 27. Local access will be maintained from Sixth Avenue North Monday through Wednesday, and from Aurora Avenue North Thursday and Friday.
- Thomas Street will be closed between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, July 26 and Friday, July 27.
- Northbound Sixth Avenue North between Harrison and Thomas streets will be closed daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, July 23, through Wednesday, July 25.
- The right lane of northbound SR 99 will close between South Hanford Street and South Royal Brougham Way from 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 24 to 5 a.m., Wednesday, July 25. The southbound SR 99 off-ramp to South Atlantic Street also will be closed.
- Northbound SR 99 between the West Seattle Bridge and South Royal Brougham Way will close from 5:30 p.m. Saturday, July 28 through 5 a.m., Monday, July 29. Additionally: From 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, July 28, northbound SR 99 will be closed between South Royal Brougham Way and the Battery Street Tunnel for the SeaFair Torchlight run.
- Current work: The most up-to-date resource for construction related to the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement.
- Traffic: Real-time conditions on Seattle area highways and many connecting streets.
- Transit: WSDOT funded additional bus service along routes affected by construction.
- Bike/walk: We maintain a safe and reliable path for bicyclists and pedestrians through the construction area.