It’s springtime in Pioneer Square and more than flowers are popping up…
- Cherry Street Coffee is opening their new location in Pioneer Square at 528 First Avenue South on Monday, May 6. They may not be ready to serve breakfast or lunch, but they will definitely be serving coffee.
- The Lodge Sports Grille invites everyone in the neighborhood to come by on Friday, May 10 for their “official” Grand Opening at 4:00 and the kickoff for Seattle Beer Week. (Who knew?) We’ll even do a ribbon cutting. In addition – because you’re part of the inner Pioneer Square circle – mention “Seattle Beer Week” to any of their bartenders and you’ll get happy hour prices on all beers all week!
- Kevin and Julie Law, owners of Urban Light Studios in Greenwood, will be opening the doors of Axis Pioneer Square soon. They’ll be in the beautifully renovated southern bay of the Globe Building, (still referred to as the old Elliott Bay Books space by many.) Their new website isn’t up yet, but you can see why everyone is so excited by taking a peek at a post by a client here.
- Did you hear that the Roq La Rue moved their gallery to 532 1st Ave S? AND they are part of tonight’s First Thursday fun! Stop by to meet Kirsten Anderson soon and welcome her to the neighborhood.
- Tonight is opening night for Café Nordo’s SMOKED at The Kitchen by Delicatus. “Hungry theater-goers are in for an evening of dirty dealings and heartsick cowboys… where the only thing comforting is the food.” Get your tickets now. They won’t be here long.
- Good news spreads fast. Little Uncle is coming to Pioneer Square. Seattle Magazine named them one of the Best New Restaurants of 2012. Soon they’ll be at the corner of Yesler & Post Alley. Check out their website for updates.
- Matt Dillon and Katherine Anderson’s London Plane spaces – both the one next to Caffe Umbria and the one at the northeast corner of Occidental Mall – are coming along nicely.
- “Tuesday Lunch at the Dock” at the loading dock behind 505 1st Ave S welcomes a different food truck every Tuesday from 11:00 to 2:00. The lineup for the weeks to come will feature Skillet, Where Ya At Matt, Falafel Salom, Jerk Station, and Monte Cristo.
- And the Pike Place Farmers Market will be here on Wednesdays, starting June 19.
Stay posted as news unfolds via our Facebook and Twitter posts. It’s going to be such a great summer in the neighborhood!
Community & Business Development Specialist