- Add Madboy Electric Vehicles to the “must see” list. They’re on 1st Avenue South, just a little south of Railroad Ave. Not only will you discover the coolest electric bikes, there’s a good chance you’ll be convinced to take a test ride. Even if you’re not in the market for an electric bike, you’re going to love meeting Daniel and Maggie. And the things you will learn…
- The official opening of AXIS Pioneer Square will be August 1 during the First Thursday art walk. A nod to the Globe Building’s rich history is evident throughout the space. The connection between the sidewalk on 1st Ave South and Nord Alley in the back offers yet more opportunities to activate these unique public spaces.
- The lease is signed. Finally. Manu Alfau will open La Bodega in the Prefontaine Building this fall. Stay tuned. This is welcome news.
- The new Mediterranean Mix is open on Occidental Avenue between Yesler and S Washington, a welcome addition to the block.
- Another First Thursday opportunity. The Nolo at Stadium Place will be giving hardhat tours August 1, 4:00-7:00 PM.
- Have you heard that the Seattle Design Festival is coming to Pioneer Square? The dates are September 13-22. “The hub of the Festival will be at the ‘Design Block’ at Occidental Avenue South in Pioneer Square featuring large scale installations, design competitions, activities, and demonstrations investigating design’s impact on active lifestyles and healthy communities….” (From the Design Festival website.) Wow. Aren’t you curious?
- Don’t forget to watch for the new Trail to Treasure kiosks around the neighborhood…since you’ll be out and about.
- Only in Pioneer Square: Even if you’re not a soccer fan, you should check out the “March to the Match” that starts in Occidental Park one hour before every home Sounders game. These folks know how to have fun! (Click here for the Sounders FC schedule.)
I’ll be getting out of the office more in the upcoming weeks to look for retail and restaurant businesses that we might like in Pioneer Square. Who would you like to see in the neighborhood? Email me at email@example.com.
Final negotiations are underway on a few exciting retail/restaurant leases, but they’re not quite ready for prime time. We hope we’ll be ready to share more next month. If you’d like to get this kind of news when it breaks, follow us on Twitter @PioneerSquare.